Friday 20 July 2012

Magnolia shabby frame...

Hi everyone...
I'm here tonight to show you my frame which I finally finished yesterday..
I masked 4 different Magnolia images to create the scene and this time coloured them with my new distress ink markers from Tim Holtz!!
I am loving these markers, heaps of fun to play and experiment with...

The frame was just a blank, so I painted it with some white paint dabber which I then sprayed with some pearl mist from Maya arts. ( was happy with how this come up, probably hard to see the shimmer in the pics but it is sparkly).

Here it is...


The letters, crowns and castle are scrap fx chipboard which I embossed using Tim Holtz distress embossing powder (tattered rose for writing and walnut stain for castle and crowns)
gives a cool distressed look/texture to the chipboard!!


Liquid pearls was used to frame the picture...


Flowers are Wild Orchid...



Close up of coloured image....
To give the grass texture I coloured using a heap of little dots, blended them out then put more dots so on a so on until I was happy with how it looked.


Close up of the two Tildas...


The clouds were cut out with the Magnolia cloud doo hickey die...

Thanks for looking at my post..
I hope you enjoyed my frame...!!

Hugz Ashlee

Challenges:

Magnolia down under - shabby baby : http://magnoliadownunderchallenges.blogspot.com.au/

Simply Magnolia - embossing : http://simplymagnolia.blogspot.com.au/

Wild Orchid  - shabby chic : http://wildorchidchallenge.blogspot.com.au/

8 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS job Ash - and what a fabulous keepsake for any little girl!
    Just so you know I had trouble accessing this from the link you left at MDUC - it went to a page that needed me to sign into your blog- which of course I can't do!!!
    But glad I tracked you down for a closer look - well worth checking out!
    Thanx so much for joining us at MDUC this week
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it looks Awesome ! What a fantastic job after all the hard work you have put into it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! Love the details on this, the frame alone is so pretty, and lots of gorgeous details! Nice job! Hugs, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love this, a work of art!!:)
    Thanks for joining MDUC this week.
    Hugs, Camilla

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful job you have done on this frame. Ash keep up the fantastic work you do. Dofre :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello sweetie pie!

    Omgodness this is amazing! you've had some hard times coloring all this HUGE image! it is amazinga nd wow! i love everything abou it! look that flowers!!! they are amazing! your coloring, as i already told you, is divine! great job with the different stuff!!! keep creating!

    hugs, your FRIEND Alby

    PS: thank you so very much for your card! it is sooo amazing !i love it and it look like a real piece of heaven!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great frame with all those sweet stamps. Wonderfully done! Tracy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ash,

    this frame is so beautiful, I love the scenery you've made!

    Thanks for joining in the fun at simply magnolia.

    Hugs,

    Lins

    ReplyDelete